The MXH930 Gen4 PCI Express NTB Host Adapter is our high performance clustering product. Based on Microsemi Switchtec® Gen4 PCI Express bridging architecture, the MXH930 host adapter includes advanced features for non-transparent bridging (NTB) and clock isolation.
For high performance application developers, the MXH930 host adapter combines 256 Gbit/s performance with an application to application latency below 500 nanoseconds. Inter-processor communication benefits from the high throughput and low latency. Using the latest SmartIO technology software from Dolphin, GPU / Cuda applications can now stream data to remote GPUs at at the same speed as to local GPUs. Advanced DMA features enables fast data transfers hosts.
The MXH930 card comes with a full license to the Dolphin eXpressWare clustering software. This includes
- SISCI API - a robust and powerful shared memory programming environment for PCIe
- Standard TCP/IP drivers
- SuperSockets socket accelerator software
- SmartIO - access to remote PCIe devices over PCIe
- Board management software
Dolphin’s software suite takes advantage of DMA and PIO data transfer scheme to effectively supporting both large and small data transfers. PIO transfers optimize small packet transfers at the lowest latency. DMA moves data with virtually no CPU consumption. The eXpressWare software is currently available for Linux, Windows and VxWorks.
The overall software framework is designed for rapid development and deployment of inter-processor communication systems. More information about Dolphin eXpressWare clustering software.
The MXH930 card has a quad SFF-8644 cable connector and supports MiniSAS-HD / SAS-4 cables as well as the new PCIe 4.0 cables. The MXH930 is carefully designed for maximum cable lengths. Fiber optics extends this distance to 100 meters. More info on cable alternatives for the MXH930 card.
The MXH930 can be used to create several types of PCIe networks:
- A two node network can be realized using 4 cables (x16). Full PCIe Gen4 x16 performance between the two systems.
- A three node network can be realized using 2 cables (x8) between each system. Full PCIe Gen 4 x8 performance between the three systems.
- A five node network can be realized using 1 cable (x4) between each system. Full PCIe Gen 4 x4 performance between the five systems
- Larger configurations can be realized with one or more of the MXS924 24 port PCIe Gen4 switch.
In comination with Dolphins eXpressWare, the MXH930 supports surprice hot add when connected to a traditional externl IO system. More on Dolphins Hot Add. If you don't need Transparnt Hot Add, please select the MXH932 Gen4 Adapter card.
- PCI Express® 4.0 compliant - 16.0 Gbps per lane
- Link compliant with Gen1, Gen2, Gen3 PCI Express
- PCI Express 4.0 or MiniSAS-HD® cables
- Quad SFF-8644 x4 Gen3\4 PCI Express NTB cable ports that can be configured as:
- One - x16 PCI Express port
- Two - x8 PCI Express ports
- Four - x4 PCI Express ports
- RDMA support through DMA, PIO and System DMA
- Copper and fiber-optic cable connectors
- Full host Clock isolation support. Automatic support for host running CFC or SSC
- Non-transparent bridging to cabled PCI Express systems
- Low profile PCI Express form factor
- EEPROM for custom system configuration
- Link status LEDs through face plate
Availability: Evaluation boards availalbe now. Please note the specification is preliminary and may change.